I was nominated by Khushi and Kunjal the awesome duo writers for this December vibes contest they are hosting…. and honestly guys, I procrastinated a lot to write this…. sorry😶🌫️😶🌫️
Stara also tagged me so I decided to get my lazy ass on with it😂
I like how it turned out and realized- this was so fun.. only a idiot like me could procastinate this😌😬
My jam to the end of 2021–
- Design a post of your own and link back to the original post to notify the creator. Unnotified posts will not be judged.
- Paste the rules of this contest on your post if you have a blog. If not, contact us at email@example.com with your entry!
- Tag this post as December- Vibes- Poetry
- Last date of submission is 10 January.
- Word limit ranges to 200 words
- Inappropriate content shall be disqualified
- You can send no more than 2 entries.
- Nominate at least 5 people to participate in this contest.
- Thee last date for submission is ***
- Add the logo of this post that is:
So my entry is about the queer “year end” tradition of my family. For the last 6 Decembers we’ve travelled someplace, and have had to spend every 1 January in an airport/car😂 (it is what it is)
And this year due to my classes we couldn’t go away for the holiday.. so no plans😶🌫️😭
I have no idea if we will even be celebrating New Year this December.. but let’s not share that sad vibe… anywhooo lets continue with the poem.. hope you enjoy it..
The Countdown Tradition
Escapades to other cities,
Witnessing the festival through foreigners,
Has been my family’s holiday tradition for years…
In a hotel room,
Bundled with blankets, long distance calls,
To the people back home,
Or at a gathering by the bonfire,
Gloves, jackets, drinks, chocolates,
Or in a party at a ballroom,
Buffets, dances, suits, dresses,
Strangers, and new friends,
Selfies and photo memories,
That’s how we bid the year goodbye…
This December though,
We haven’t left home,
Yet it all seems the same.
The people are the same,
The weather is the same,
Same year-end bickering of my parents,
Sleeping in late, Staying up late,
Same family dinners, board games,
Music battles, long awaited gifts,
Milk and cookies, Cards and poems,
Yeah, at home the people are the same,
And the celebrations all great,
But something about those escapades,
Could bring out the winter in me…
The Christmas tree in Dubai,
The fireplace in Singapore,
The karaoke in Hong Kong,
The fireworks working up,
And the seconds counting down..
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!
I wish you all a safe and Happy New Year!!💖💖